MANILA, PHILIPPINES – “Surreal!”
This is how Pinoy Pop sensation SB19 described their experience on their first live television guest appearance on “Good Day America” at Fox 5 New York Friday.
What’s the big deal? This is the first time the P-Pop group has performed live in a US television show. SB19 has its own fandom in the Philippines and they hope to break the international market just like their K-Pop counterparts. Filipino BTS ARMY also support the SB19l
Who are the members of SB19? The all-Filipino GenZ boy band group members are Pablo, Josh, Stell, Ken, and Justin. They are the first Filipino act to enter three Billboard charts early in their career. Their single “WYAT (Where You At)” has four million streams on Spotify.
What happened during the show? SB19 boys performed their disco-pop hit “WYAT (Where You At)” and wowed the international audience.
Fox 5 NY also filmed excited fans lining outside the studio.
What is SB19 doing in New York? The Big Apple is the first stop of the WYAT world tour after their successful concert series in the country. They will be performing at the Palladium Times Square on November 5 (New York time)
What’s driving the news? The boys started off their US adventure with a visit to Philippine Consul General Elmer Cato in New York City at the Sentro Rizal.
- The boys serenaded the diplomat with their hit song “Mapa.” They were all stunning in their Barong Tagalog.
- On Twitter, the boys expressed their gratitude for their visit.
- “As the Youth and Sentro Rizal Ambassadors of NCCA, we are committed to promoting Filipino genius and culture, especially music, on the global stage,” SB19 tweeted.
- Prior to their New York leg, they first rolled out their sleeves in Dubai last September 29.
- They are also set to perform in Los Angeles on November 12. Then, they will head back to Asia for their Singapore concert on November 27.
Photo Credit: SB19 Facebook Page