You have the right to access, change or delete your personal information at any time. You can also get in touch directly with our Data Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Personal Information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. Sensitive Personal Information is any attribute of your personal information that can discriminate, qualify, or classify you such as your age, date of birth, marital status, government-issued identification numbers, account numbers, and financial information. Privileged Information is any and all forms of information which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication.
Why do we collect your data: When we collect personal information from or about you, it is with an intention to serve you better in this platform and other related services. We want to know more about you, in this ever changing world. It can also support our advertisers who believe in our mission, enabling us to continue serving you.
When you sign in to our newsletter, we may ask for your:
- Email address
- Topics you are interested in
When you submit a tip, a story contribution or you contact us, we collect the information we provide such as your contact information, affiliation (company, work or organization), and the content of the communication.
When you answer a survey, enter a contest or sign up to attend an event, we collect your information, demographic information, professional information, and other information you provide.
We also get information from third parties, such as data providers. For example, if you also registered on another news site and allowed that site to share your information with data providers and others, the data provider will share those details with us. Data providers also may give us information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and professional information of those who may be interested in hearing about the Republic Asia website.
How We May Use Your Data:
- When you register, answer a survey, subscribe to electronic newsletters or comment to website and/ or social media platforms, we process your data for us to bring you information and content tailored to your individual needs
- Technical issues, website crashes and other issues may also be understood and resolved
- We may remove your name and email address and combine it with other users’ information for statistical analysis, i.e. articles visited most, how they got those articles, frequency of users coming directly to homepage
- We work with advertising partners to understand who views our ads and any ads on the Republic Asia services.
What we don’t do: Sell personally identifiable information to any third parties.
For our readers outside the Philippines: