BRING your umbrellas and jackets today as the Northeast Monsoon and two low-pressure areas will dump rains into the country, state weather agency Pagasa said.
Metro Manila, Central Luzon and CALABARZON are now getting the taste of the Northeast Monsoon rains.
Meanwhile, another Low Pressure Area (LPA) has formed east of the Visayas archipelago.
The LPA is bringing rains not only to all the Visayan regions, but to the regions of MIMAROPA, Bicol, Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao, CARAGA and Davao.
The rest of Mindanao will also be rainy brought about by another LPA near the Pagasa Island in West Philippine Sea.
Pagasa warned of possible flash floods or landslides in areas where there will be moderate to heavy rainfall.
Only Ilocos Region will have generally fair — partly cloudy to cloudy skies with light rains. All thanks to the prevailing monsoon.
2 LPA’s today
Based on Pagasa’s tracking around 3am, the new LPA on the block was located 50 kilometers east of Roxas City, Capiz. It entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility last night.
- Benison Estereja, Pagasa weather specialist, said there is a low chance that the new LPA will form into a tropical depression. In fact, this LPA might dissipate within the day.
The other LPA near Palawan, coined as L1008, has left PAR.
- L1008 was last located 450 kilometers south of Pagasa Island and moving towards southern Vietnam and Malaysia.
Pagasa has issued four rainfall advisories in Metro Manila, CALABARZON and Central Luzon since last night.
- The latest rainfall advisory came around 5 am for Tarlac, Batangas, Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Quezon, Bulacan, Pampanga, Bataan, Zambales and Nueva Ecija.
Baguio at 15.8 degrees
Baguio City hit its coldest temperature to-date at 15.8°C around 4:50 am today. Basco, Batanes also registered 18.8°C around 5 am.
- Tuguegarao City was also relatively cold and wet at 21.4°C.
- Mercury also plunged in Malaybalay, Bukidnon at 19.8°C around 6 am.
- General Santos City and Guiuan in Eastern Samar both registered 21.8°C.
- The morning monsoon rains also brought cold winds too in Abucay, Bataan as it posted 22°C around 4 am; Casiguran, Aurora had 22.8°C around 5 am; and Romblon at 22.1°C around 8 am.
Meanwhile, ten cities all over the country registered hot temperature of 30°C and above yesterday.
- Cotabato City was hottest in the country yesterday at around 32.4°C, while Sinait in Ilocos not far behind at 32°C around 2 pm.
- Subic, Dagupan City, Clark and Laoag cities got 31-levels. General Santos City, Zamboanga City, Muñoz in Nueva Ecija and Iba, Zambales also took the 30°C temperature spike.
Weather at a glance
|MIMAROPA, Bicol Region, Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao, Caraga, and Davao Region
|Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms
|Possible flooding or landslides due to moderate to heavy with at times intense rains
|Metro Manila, Cagayan Valley, Cordillera Administrative Region, Central Luzon, and CALABARZON
|Cloudy skies with rains
|Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to at times heavy rains
|Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with light rains
|No significant impact
|The rest of Mindanao
|Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers and thunderstorms
|Possible flash floods or landslides during sever thunderstorms